View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 11:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lazarus
ECO-Evolution

Iron Horse (retired) - '97 Iron horse Intrepid

Ninja - '08 Kawasaki 250R
90 day: 76.23 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
Fact of the matter is the planet is severely overpopulated and these food problems are only going to get worse.

I've found this stir over ethanol lately to be quite interesting. My personal opinion is that it is being driven by those on the extreme left that hate cars and those on the extreme right that love oil, an interesting combination huh? What has drawn me to this conclusion you might ask?

Why is there no movement against coffee bean farming, tobacco farming or land used to grow spices? None of these crops provide any nutritional value and take up land that could be used to grow grains or vegetables. Or land that is used to graze cattle could be converted to crop land and produce many times the calories per acre.

The world has enjoyed both cheap food and cheap energy for too long, now were going to pay the price of a painful adjustment in both.

Totalitarian Agriculture . Here's an interesting link. More if you need a term paper. But at this stage of the game I think it's more of a political issue. IMO.