View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 10:57 PM   #176 (permalink)
Nerys
Grrr :-)

Cherokee - '88 Jeep Cherokee
90 day: 19.44 mpg (US)

Ryo-Ohki - '94 Geo Metro Xfi
90 day: 50.15 mpg (US)

Vger 2 - '00 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE

Ninja - '89 Geo Tracker
90 day: 30.27 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post
How much have you spent on fuel in that Cherokee since you started driving that vehicle?

regards
Mech
actually not as much as you might think :-) remember I was getting 22+ mpg with it AND when I got the cherokee gas was 90cents a gallon :-)

in fact thats why I stopped driving it so much when gas starting to encroach on $2 and up a gallon it just got too expensive to drive (I was doing 50,000 to 60,000 miles a year back then)

thats when I got my voyager which netted me 28mpg - I wanted a metro back then but could not come even close to affording one. :-)

While I tallied my FE every single tank I did not KEEP those records. (no reason to never heard of ecomodder back then not even sure if it existed)

in fact what got me into ecomodder was Ethanol :-) ie trying to figure out what was TANKING my FE. when my 19mpg clubwagon suddenly started getting 13mpg and we could find NOTHING mechanically wrong with it and then next tank would be back to 19mpg (this was when they were starting to adopt E10 and before they started to mark the pumps)

I do wish I had those records still. its too bad we do not keep our business records back that far or I might be able to dig up my receipts for fuel (I would write my mileage and FE on the receipt)

for me at the time the reason to do mpg readings was to determine if something was wrong with the car so if the reading was "inline" with what I expected it mattered not if I kept it.