View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 12:50 AM   #14 (permalink)
crexcrex
EcoModding Apprentice

Passenger side installing blank

firstly a improperly sealed mirror at the base will allow water into the car, if yoiu wish to retain the blank that you made seal with silicone , black!

remove side mirror

remove rubber seal

rough oit the painted surface where the mirror is screwed on, 40 grit will do to ensure that bondo will take hold

first use ine coat of bondo and add until even with vent frame

sand smooth with 40 grit till smooth and level with the contour of the vent area

Wet sand with 320 wet and dry sandpaper

Prime and sand.............paint and you are done, the same proceedure can be used if you want to install a lighter more aeridynaic mirror

time 45 minutes from start to finish...............

Same proceedure with the drivers side any holes to swivel mirror as in the interior snap on panel can once again be rough sanded filled with bondo and sanded smooth, prime and paint................

The source is me a body man amd artist,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i have deleted both mirrors and use a cam with a seven and a half inch lcd monitor, my view is three sixty................always think out of the box what others say is impossible you can make possible.................if you are happy with what you have done then sio be it, it dosent matter what others say

my best
CREXCREX.........................yes there was a bird called a crexcrex