View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 03:33 PM   #188 (permalink)
Nerys
Grrr :-)

Cherokee - '88 Jeep Cherokee
90 day: 19.44 mpg (US)

Ryo-Ohki - '94 Geo Metro Xfi
90 day: 50.15 mpg (US)

Vger 2 - '00 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE

Ninja - '89 Geo Tracker
90 day: 30.27 mpg (US)
its not higher octane. its still just 87 octane fuel. They use lower octane gasoline so when the add the ethanol it boots it to the proper normal octane.

10% is not a small amount in my book. thats a lot. 15% that they want to goto is even more. maybe too much for some older vehicles.

Also either way its costing me a ton of money and who knows how much in extra maintenance costs.

My problem is them shoving it down out throats. if there was two pumps E0 and E10 I would be fine with it.

alas the corn lobby does not want this as no one would BUY the E10 if they had a choice.

it would be very very hard and expensive to test this on anything but the metro.

the jeep would require me to make 20 gallons almost twice a week for a good test. I just can't afford that and because of the quantity I would have to drive even longer to validate the results.

the metro is only 10 gallons. if I could afford it and do it safely I would drive up to allentown and get E0 ie a few hundred gallons.

then every 2 months go up for more. Even though its 10cents more per gallon (25 cents more per gallon compared to NJ gas) and it would cost me gas roundtrip to even GET IT I would still save money big time.

alas its similar to buying a car. you need significant cash UP FRONT to even start to do it and since I can not "borrow" the next 1.5 months worth of "fuel money" to fund it .........

also I would be very concerned over how to safely and legally (less a concern) store the stuff.