View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 05:08 PM   #211 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

What is wrong with you people? Don't remove ethanol its good stuff.
Yes corn ethanol is not so great but its not as bad as most people think. First off making corn ethanol does not use corn that could be food. Most corn grown in the US is not even for human consumption and making ethanol from corn takes the starch out which makes it better for animals if used as feed. Now there are better things to grow then corn to make ethanol like cattails that many people don't like because they grow and spread like crazy. Cattails yield like 3 or 4 times more ethanol per acre then corn and grow well in sewage water and even help clean the sewage.

A good thing about ethanol is how clean it burns I have friends that have brought their vehicles in for emissions testing and the people doing the testing thought their equipment was faulty because it was giving a reading so much lower then you get with gasoline.

Also where I live I can buy ethanol that is made from food waste how is that a bad thing?

As for fuel economy yes you will see a slight decrease in fuel economy why is this its because our vehicles are designed to run on gasoline and not ethanol does not burn the same as gasoline. If more people used and demanded ethanol we would see lots of vehicles built and tuned to run on just ethanol and this would get you as good of fuel economy if not better then gasoline.

I am someone that makes ethanol so I know what I am talking about and no I don't work for a company that makes ethanol or makes money from anything related to ethanol.

Now my only problem with ethanol is I am not using enough of it.