View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 12:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

pimp mobile - '81 suzuki gs 250 t
90 day: 96.29 mpg (US)

schnitzel - '01 Volkswagen Golf TDI
90 day: 53.56 mpg (US)
Misc

Just wanted to say that this bike is a lot of fun. It seems to be coasting better, I bumped up the psi in the tires (I don't kneescrape, so no biggie) and I noticed that the rear brake sometimes drags, so have been avoiding it till I can fix it.

Also, this thing bump starts reliably at a really low speed, like I be sitting on the bike and give it one good shove forward with my feet and bump start it. (has come in handy a few times)

This is the smallest bike I've ever owned. It is really kind of funny when you wind it out. The aural stimulus is much like a crotch rocket taking off, there is an initial excitement to it, but then you realize that you don't need to hang on quite as tight as you did on the fj1200, nor are the cars instantly dissapearing into tiny dots in your rearview

But the new gearing is nice. A lot of people wouldn't like it, having to downshift to climb hills and such, but I've got the throttle about 2/3 open in 6th, just maintaing 45mph at about 4000rpm.

I was wondering, as has probably been wondered before... I move the bike around a lot with my feet. If traffic is inching along and the engine is off, I'll just walk the bike forward from the seat. Does that make it a hybrid?