View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 10:33 PM   #325 (permalink)
d0sitmatr
n00b.... sortof..

silver fire - '03 Mazda Protege5
90 day: 32.52 mpg (US)
hello all
new member to ecom and this thread inspired me to join. I actually read almost the entire thing !

anyways, first off, major props to Brett for his innovative idea, that in hindsight almost seems... common sense to anyone with even a lackluster knowledge of drag efficiencies.
also, props to cons, reading his gains has inspired me to get the ball rolling and start working on my 99 XLT v6. my goal is to reach 30mpg and hoping for more than that. being in FL allows me to drive on flat roads all day long, but hampers me in a grill block as it would just make my truck run too hot for my liking.
however, I do have a work around that will allow me to do a partial GB. Im also working on something that will give the entire front end of my ranger more streamlined (both aesthetic and functional) of which I will share with the community as I work on it.

I am planning on building my aerolid/cap out of lightweight aluminum, it will be nothing on the level of Brett's aero lid, which is topnotch production. it will mostly be for more of functional purposes. and Im hoping that down the road, that Brett will be able to provide me with one of his awesome aerolids (with payment, of course)

with the minor modifications Ive done to my truck at this time, Im averaging about 350mpt with 50/50 driving. I havent broken things down yet to see what my mpg are exactly, but I do know that is a decent increase over stock.

anyways, Im looking very forward to working with everyone here at ECM on realizing my dream of 30+mpg !