View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 04:00 PM   #19 (permalink)
euromodder
Master EcoModder

The SCUD - '15 Fiat Scudo L2
Quote:
Originally Posted by crexcrex View Post
I withdraw any remarks re howto make blockers for grills and fog lites, it is not my intent to fatten the wallets of those looking for ideas how to turn a buck at the expense of any ecomodder.
What's your point ?
There'll always be people prepared to pay for ready-made fittings because they lack the time, skill, facilities or any combination thereof to build these themselves.

Actually, I bet you'll find more buyers than DIY-ers.

Don't forget that is site is about a very, very small niche-behaviour : physically altering your car to improve FE.

The quality of factory-made parts will be a lot better than most one-off DIY-experiments, helping with the WAF and generally improving public acceptance - maybe to the point that car designers actually re-introduce the aerodynamic solutions of their grandfathers .

Heck, I'd be very happy if any company did a set of effective FE-tuning parts for my car !
Buy. Have them painted and fitted. Enjoy better FE.

Quote:
I will share other ideas that are simple and cost effective and that no after market company will bleed you for.
No-one needs to bleed for aftermarket gear if others show that and how they can be made more cheaply than what the aftermarket charges for them.

Removing how-to information may actually drive more people towards buying rather than DIY-ing.

If you don't want any of your (?) ideas being picked up by others - companies included - don't publish them anywhere, or try to patent and then never licence the design.