View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 06:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
miket
EcoModding Apprentice

I have to assume the sliders would be dirty so would eventually wear and need to be replaced, though probbably cheap. I could also use a tiny roller on the end of the rods. It would be tilted diagonal.

With magnets i would need a lline of them a foot long times four. Two for both front skirts. I have strong neo's that i cant push the repeling sides witin 1/4" of each other without using tools. However if i needed anywhere near that much repelling force I certainly couldnt afford enough of them lol.

I have another way to articulate it without contact but it would be alot more complicated to build .The skirt would be attached to two lazy tongs above the wheel and would extend straight out when the wheel turned. There would be a clamp on top of the spindle with a pair of cables attached to the lazy tongs so when the spindle turned it would pull on one one of the lazy tongs. To retract there would be a spring in one of the tongs since this doesnt go up gravity woudln't return it.

Edit: I should probably make it with slider pads and modify it later if i have a problem with them lol.

Last edited by miket; 10-18-2010 at 06:52 PM..