View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 09:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
basslover911
Master EcoModder

Silver Turtle - '02 Ford Focus Zx3
90 day: 38.83 mpg (US)
I also have an idea to increase water vapor inside this unit (since we want as much as possible "since we are going for the maximum mpg and not power").

How about instead of leaving the airline tubing open to the air (where the air goes in and into the aquarium stone), redirect that tubing so that a small amount of exhaust is coming in. This will
1) Force air into the container, instead of letting the vacuum of your car suck it in, and produce a lot more water vapor;
2) Produce more water vapor because the exhaust is somewhat hot compared to the outside air;
3) Reuse some of the exhaust's gasses (which have less oxygen content) and thus the engine will have less power = good for cruising because the throttle can be open more without the engine actually injecting more fuel so the throttle plate losses minimize.

What do you think? I came with the idea when I read in that top article that the guy had to use an aquarium air pump since his car didn't draw enough of a vacuum (and I think I might be the same since my engine is small). Also, you could put a simple electric valve on the line so you could turn off the exhaust intake for when you want more power for your car.