View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 11:06 AM   #266 (permalink)
Nerys
Grrr :-)

Cherokee - '88 Jeep Cherokee
90 day: 19.44 mpg (US)

Ryo-Ohki - '94 Geo Metro Xfi
90 day: 50.15 mpg (US)

Vger 2 - '00 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE

Ninja - '89 Geo Tracker
90 day: 30.27 mpg (US)
"Depends on their reporting.
If they reported X mpg on what was then the standard fuel and measuring method, and now report Y mpg on what is now the standard but different fuel and measuring method, they're not lying - they've just altered more variables than may be apparent at first."

Oh I don't think they are lying. I just find it an interesting coincidence that my DROP in fuel economy just happens to "jive" with the "drop" in EPA ratings even though my driving has NOT changed.

I am doing the same commute now that I was doing 15+ years ago.

I just don't believe in coincidences.

While I do not think they are lying I think just "making" new numbers without listing ALL the reason for the change in the numbers is very deceptive and I think the deception was intentional. They have an agenda they WANT to use Ethanol and they want to quiet the negatives of ethanol usage and they appear to NOT want people to see the differences at all.

by then regulating E0 OUT of existence intentionally (PA is trying to make it illegal for any gas station to sell Ethanol free gas anywhere in PA)

Why not make it optional? why FORCE it?

If the stuff is so good why do they need to use FORCE to put it into usage?

I can NOT afford to buy a new car and I WON'T buy a new car. Because I do NOT agree with the practices of our auto makers and I vote with my wallet (so of course our gov bailed out GM and put a gun to my head and FORCED me to give GM money yeah! thats another thread :-)

Especially in this economy its PREPOSTEROUS to expect a significant portion of the population to go out and buy news cars so you can use your ethanol gas (you as in gov/country not you specifically)

The RIGHT way to do it is offer BOTH fuels and if the new fuel has genuine merit it will usurp the old fuel.

alas the new fuel DOES NOT have merit so they "force" its usage.

and we suffer as a result. YOU suffer whether you admit it or not if you pay taxes.