View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 03:53 PM   #84 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by euromodder View Post
What make & model is the heater ?
It might fit or they might do one for my V50 as well - I can't use it unless I have the car garaged though (it's sleeping outside).
Volvo wants a ridiculous amount of money for a block heater.
DEFA 412512. It costs about 100€, I got it for 90€ through a mechanic with a discount (my brother-in-law). But you should have an extra 50-100€ ready for the cables/connectors from DEFA

Quote:
Originally Posted by euromodder View Post
I wonder if I already have that cooler, or could get it installed.
Which Peugeot models have it ?
I'm willing to bet that you do, since it seems to be paired with the DPF. My 307 left the factory for southern France in May 2005, one of the last pre-lift units (so I have a few post-lift details, eg the electrical system is CAN-CAN instead of VAN-CAN, whatever that means). I don't think I've seen a 2007 or later 1.6 HDi without the EGR cooler, but I have seen earlier models with it (not only Peugeots, but also Citroëns and Fords). I'm not sure whether there were cars with a DPF but without an EGR cooler. It looks like this:

Here's the back of an engine with an EGR cooler:

And one without (like mine):

(The arrow shows where I think the heater goes.)
You will have to look at the back of your engine. Almost everything is in the back, and getting there is a Royal PITA, so a mirror will help after you've taken pretty much all the ducts and filters off. The EGR cooler I ordered cost 50€ used from a Peugeot 307, but the exact same cooler was available for 60€ (Citroën C3 1.6 HDi) or 70€ (Peugeot 308 1.6 HDi). Now that's marketing!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	16_egr.jpg
Views:	831
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	7179   Click image for larger version

Name:	16bez_egr1.jpg
Views:	829
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	7180   Click image for larger version

Name:	16z_egr.jpg
Views:	841
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	7181  

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread
The Following User Says Thank You to Piwoslaw For This Useful Post:
euromodder (10-24-2010)