View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 09:19 PM   #30 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888 View Post
all this talk of an electric "beater" makes me want to get one too...
I don't have the "beater" running yet, this one that I have running is in better shape then any other comuti-car I've seen sell on Ebay in the last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbergeron
550 Watt hours using Coal is much better than Petroleum. It would be even better with Solar...!
You mean like this?

It was sunny enough the other day that I was charging of those panels, then the wind picked up... at that point I didn't have to worry about running out of electricity.

My range has been getting better and better, hit 40+mph going down a hill yesterday and the speedometer cable that has been starting to whine at 15mph suddenly stopped, at first I thought something broke, then realized that the quietness was the vehicle working properly, still need a little more lube in the cable as it still whines above 25mph at times.

On a sadder note, my insurance on the comuti-car got canceled because the under-writers never heard of it befor and don't know how to rate it, and apparently the other insurance carriers "don't insure electric cars", so next time I have a day off I need to make more phone calls, and maybe try to get these policies in writing so I can personally look them over.