View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 12:05 PM   #22 (permalink)
endurance
Master EcoModder

RSX2fast4mpg - '02 Acura RSX Type S
90 day: 38.22 mpg (US)

bubbatrucker - '98 Chevrolet K1500
90 day: 18.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
Endurance you do not NEED V rated tires on the car S,T,U,H, and V would work if you must get sports tires then you could get H they are rated for 130mph as opposed to V that are rated for 149mph.

I do not think that you will be taking the car that fast or sustaining the speed and think that S,T,or U would be fine at a rated max speed of 112, 118, and 124mph respectively.
Well, need is a tricky word. I don't 'need' to go over 100mph, but sometimes I do. I might be comfortable with something rated at 130mph, maybe 124mph, but less than that and where's the fun in life?

You bring up a good point. I'm trying to balance my love of speed with my desire for mileage. The Michelin Hydroedge tires are on my short list, but at a T rating, I'm torn over whether I'm willing to give up something my car is capable of, but something I very rarely use (I can count the number of times over 120 on my fingers. Ok, maybe a toe or two, too, but not all of them).

Sorry about the threadjack. Sometimes I have a hard time keeping my wittle-bwain focused.

Last edited by endurance; 10-26-2010 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: apology for the threadjack