View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 05:35 PM   #367 (permalink)
Nerys
Grrr :-)

Cherokee - '88 Jeep Cherokee
90 day: 19.44 mpg (US)

Ryo-Ohki - '94 Geo Metro Xfi
90 day: 50.15 mpg (US)

Vger 2 - '00 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE

Ninja - '89 Geo Tracker
90 day: 30.27 mpg (US)
so its not about cleaner or independence for you UFO its about forcing people to buy new cars? what right do you have to do that? what right do you have to dictate people replace a perfectly good functional car for a new one that gets NO BETTER FUEL ECONOMY than the old one for all intents and purposes? You going to buy the car for him?

my metro burns less fuel than a prius. EVEN ON E10. your telling me its dirtier? what planet did you get that data from? seriously?

"Resale on newer used cars is low enough"

THATS THE POINT UFO. people can not AFFORD new used cars hence why resale is LOW.

DUH.

I would still like some data on what percentage of the country drives PRE 1999 vehicles (that is the oldest car the EPA tested in their ethanol legacy car program)

"Nothing wrong with dropping backwards fuel compatibility on new cars."

YES their is. who gave them that right? I sure as hell know I did not and I sure as hell know no on currently suffering the results of that decision gave them that permission.

so tomorrow we start making babies that only breath argon and all you oxygen breathers update or die. oops sorry you can't afford to update. too bad for you.

see how stupid that sounds?

you don't just wholesale switch fuels and say screw you to a significant portion of the population as their costs skyrocket and there is NOTHING they can do about it because the skyrocketing fuel costs are STILL cheaper than buying a new car that WILL NOT get any better fuel economy than their current car did pre Ethanol.

so your saying they should be forced to update JUST to get back to exactly where they were.

How nice of you.

Oh I guess we should just all buy $40,000 prius' even though they are factually DIRTIER CARS than non hybrids. (and YES its $40,000 after you add fiance charges and significant increases in insurance charges that are mandatory with a new car)

instead of mucking with the fuel and PRETENDING to be doing something good while actually making it worse and just shoveling our tax dollars to Monsanto how about actually doing some governing and putting the foot down to car makers.?

How about that? how about we FORCE them to make good simple proper electric cars instead of this "crap" they are pushing out now that is overpriced and short lived and NO GOOD for our bank accounts of the environment?