View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 10:41 PM   #3914 (permalink)
snakub
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks paul I will check over all those parts tomorrow and here are the pics for you I just couldn't get a good pic of the soldering though the light just wasn't right but I assure it is adequate.
Quote:
Just looking at the datasheet for that transistor. Its an npn darlington not an igbt or fet. I would imagine (not sure) that it would require a different driver stage. Also it looks to be quite a slow device in terms of switching ability. What frequency are you using on the arduino? The revolt default is 16khz which i would say is too high for those parts.
Hmm I had it up to 8 k at one time and it worked ok but 1.5k was the normal driving frequency I used. When I had this car up on jack stands I was testing the throttle for the revolt to watch the wheels turn it seemed to keep up with the switching time it turned the wheels. Just when I put the car down it did some funny stuff. It seemed to pull so much current that there was no electrolyte left in my batteries I had to refill them today!! How could it have done this?? Vaporized the electrolyte?? The data sheet says 3us for switching time whatever that means maybe you can elaborate?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0268.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	7227   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0269.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	7228   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0270.JPG
Views:	92