View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 06:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
Frederick
Less IS more!

Clementine - '82 Freeway HMV Deluxe
Bonjour tous et toutes ! Hello Tus and Tuttis !
Thanks for welcoming me.
I just bought my third low miles Geo-Swift. A Firefly Turbo with 80 000 km on the meter. First owner, non smoker. As with the other two, Vanilla Latte (vert) and Espresso Nero (2 door hatchback limo), the purchase is reimbursed with my Master Card points.
Even though this red Turbo was sprayed with oil....the critical points are shot. So I will put Lady Paprika to rest. The impeccable motor will go in Vanilla Latte and parts are being sold off.
I hear that used with parcimony, this turbo can be more economical than the regular 3 cylinder "power" plant. We will see.

Now the dilema is what to do with the original cam that has been professionaly modified for economy? A lamp perhaps or a spare for Espresso Nero.

My next car, and I am saving for it: definitely, unquestionably, positively Aptera.....hybrid. But that's down the road. Gas is over rated we can do a lot without it. Speed kills, not only on the road. In my small actory, all the customers want things yesterday. I'm starting to ask why? Stress is killing me. Driving my car at a normal pace that doesn't get me traffic tickets suits me fine. And....I'm still a man.
People MUST understand. Anything over 1.6 or 1.8 liters is unneccesary. Fine woods and leather in a car when you have none at home is.......or says........ something about the owners.