View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 09:35 PM   #3926 (permalink)
snakub
EcoModding Lurker

Yes I have almost exactly what blackpantherst does. He used his control section at 12khertz it seems I couldn't really hear any noise on his test drive maybe I am just not getting it but 3us is 3 millionths of a second that seems pretty fast to me when you are only switching at 15 thousand times a second. I am using an 8 amp hour twelve volt battery and a battery charger powered off of the traction pack to power B not Bx which would take a lot more drive current I measured the current going to B and it is only about 2 amps so all in all my power section took 8 amps. But can I put the fuse in as one of the series connection to my batteries or would it be better to have it connect to the positive going out?
Quote:
If the darlington was failed shorted, turning the mosfet off wouldn't have an effect on anything.
I wasn't really talking about if the mosfet shorted I was just trying to say that if I have the current sensor hooked up to motor negative wouldn't that still limit my current by resetting the PWM at appropriate times by turning off the mosfet? What did tesseract mean by hard saturate?