View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 10:07 PM   #229 (permalink)
3-Wheeler
Master EcoModder

AlienMobile - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
90 day: 80.05 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Jim: earlier in the thread you mentioned posting a summary/breakdown of the project (costs, etc.). Have I missed that?
Hi Metro,

No you haven't missed it. I've been on the road for work lately and have had a short amount of time to devote to compiling a summary page.

Quote:
Curious: where do you work - or what kind of work, if you don't want to be specific. I can think of workplaces I've had that would have been aeromod-friendly, and others that would have been, um, aeromod-averse.
My work has absolutely nothing to do with car efficiencies and/or aero-dynamics, and I mean that in a positive way.

I simply got very interested in the cost of gas, the environment, and national security when our dependence on foreign oil came to a head in the spring of 2007 with the price of gas approaching $4.00 per gallon.

The light bulb turned on for me, and has continued burning brightly since. I started hyper-milling and got real interested in aero body shapes when BicycleBob got me in touch with EcoModder. I found Bob on another site and we started corresponding over another design that I was interested in at the time.

Quote:
One other question: will the tail live on the car during this winter?
You bet! I have full intentions of making all of my designs work throughout the year, and under normal driving situations that everyone else encounters.

Jim.

Last edited by 3-Wheeler; 10-28-2010 at 10:20 PM..