View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 10:14 PM   #230 (permalink)
3-Wheeler
Master EcoModder

AlienMobile - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
90 day: 80.05 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertSmalls View Post
That's a very interesting point.

I hesitated to add a boat tail in part because I thought it would be frowned on. But now I work in a plant that makes aircraft components, even though we don't deal with aerodynamics. There's an awful lot of full-sized pickups in the parking lot, and a very large number of Prii. I think a boat-tail might go over just fine.
Most people seem fairly passive about the tail and don't seem to care either way.

We are having some work done in our office area by general contractors and one of them asked how much more fuel mileage I was getting. In otherwords, he could tell just by the shape that aero efficiency was the goal, but had no idea that the car can get close to or over 100 mpg. Most people guess about 50 or so for some reason.

I'm hoping the tail will get more people thinking that aero is cool!! It helps everyone out in the long run.

Robert, go for it! And contact me when you want to discuss working with foam more. We're all on this planet for one reason or another, and mine seems to be helping with foam of all things.

Jim.

Last edited by 3-Wheeler; 10-28-2010 at 10:23 PM..