View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 02:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
vpoppv
The $500 Electric Car

hypermiler01,

I've often thought about doing what you are thinking about. And although I started a successful business that provided for a family of 4 for 7 years, I don't quite see the opportunity here because of the amount of work required for each unit. It would really be a feast or famine situation. How much income do you need? How much time does it take to make one car? How much can you reasonable expect to make per car? The bottom line for me is that I see some gorgeous conversions on eBay go for $3,000; that just scares me.
If I win the lottery or something, I think I would buy some of the good conversions on eBay that go for so cheap and put lithium cells in them and try to sell them. I can see how that might work. In the end though, I firmly believe that if your heart is truly in it, and you know how to budget, you can make ANYTHING work. When I started my business, I can't tell you how many times so-called "friends" rushed to me and gave me all the reasons why it wouldn't work- all under the guise of "wanting to help me out".
How come you've decided to do this with Hondas and not Geo Metro's?