Thread: Eaarth
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 01:58 PM   #99 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Rear wheel drive is no problem, and it takes half the number of units so the cost to make them from scratch would be half as much.

I have not completely given up on converting a VW based (old type) to the design, but the cost would be a significant chunk of the net worth it took the wife and I to accumulate over the past 3 decades.

If the vehicle could be driven with the emergency brake for all stopping (which I can do unless someone does something stupid around me) then rear wheel drive would be fine.

As I said before, the design does not exclude virtually any power train configuration you can imagine, and it allows most hypermiling techniques to be incorporated into the vehicles "intelligent" power train. This would take the effort away from the driver and make it integral with the vehicle.

That's addressing the system, not the individual.

Regardless of the method of applying stored energy to convert into vehicle motion.

About 10 billion gone today, thats 100 billion in new capital when it goes through our banking system. Thats been really bothering me since before our national debt was half what it is today.

Also it would cost less than any conventional manufactured vehicle, so there is no period to recover the intitial investment.

regards
Mech