View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 10:07 PM   #263 (permalink)
3-Wheeler
Master EcoModder

AlienMobile - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
90 day: 80.05 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by miket View Post
Did you use red paint or a just a white primer on the tail? If its the latter i'd be nervous of someone parallel parking behind you in a heavy wisconsin snow storm and denting the tail.
Hi Mike,

That white color in the earlier pictures is actually due to white spackling with a single layer of glass over it.

Next came the use of 4 tubes of Bondo Spotting Putty, the last of which was put on tonight.

After that, most of the tail has been coated with "apple red" exterior acrylic paint with a hand brush this last weekend after helping move my sister into a new house. Sure you can easily see the brush strokes, but this paint is only to seal the Bondo over the winter.

Once the rest of the Bondo sets up and is sanded, the remaining with also be painted.

The red paint blends in pretty well compared with the Honda red.

I'll try to get pictures soon.

----------------------------------------------

I went on a small run tonight, to scope out flat roads in the area for A-B-A testing. After driving around for a while, there is really only one flat road over two miles long, that has reasonably low traffic. It was too windy tonight to really do anything, and I'll keep an eye on the weather and look for a still air day to make some runs.

Jim.