View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 12:02 PM   #29 (permalink)
mora
EcoModding Apprentice

Golfwagen - '89 Volkswagen Golf mk2
90 day: 107.14 mpg (US)
Maybe envelope is not a correct word. I was thinking of bubble-wrapped envelope or something similar. I hope you can put something else inside of bubble-wrapped envelope than plain paper. Makes mailing small things safer and cheaper.

Here they use word maxi-letter. They have a piece of plastic with rectangular hole imitating a small mailbox. If envelope fits through the hole then it is all right. Weight determines the price.

Two elements shipped in one package was a bit over 14$. Not bad for an international shipment. Takes more than two days to arrive though, hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennelson
Also, you could use a locally purchased heater (that runs at native voltage) for preheating your car while it is charging. It can be set on a timer. That warms the whole interior of your car, and makes it much more comfortable.
Yes, that's a must here. ICE-cars have separate electric engine heaters and same cord goes inside the car too. So when car is plugged into AC outlet the engine heater operates and separate electric heater warms interior. Most residental parking lots have a separate AC outlet box with adjustable timer for each parking spot. Plug the cord between your car and box, set timer and before you drive again unplug the cord. Car starts well even if it was -25C and it is all warm inside. So very useful (a must, hehe) here.

I wonder what these temperatures do to DC motor in a long run. Not everybody has a garage and cars need to stay under bare sky. Last winter there was a 2 week long cold season with less than -25C every day. Maybe I should put a heater with fan blowing hot air to motor under the hood, heheh.

Last edited by mora; 11-04-2010 at 12:17 PM..