View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 06:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
donee
EcoModding Apprentice

- - '10 Toyota Prius III w/Navi
Hi Metro,

Its not a problem compared to other cars. And its not in the same place as one would see on a 1 st Gen Prius (NHW-11).

But, I think its worth investigating whether the air is laying down on the roof of the 2010 Prius, and staying attached all the way to the rear spoiler.

Well, not completely. I am thinking the issue is primarily right above the driver's head. But, one might see evidence side-by-side with the tufts on the hatch window. BUt, I doubt the tuft movement on the 2010 hatch glass alone is enough to figure it out. Whichis what I can do here.

With my 2006 there was a hill I come down each day on the highway. As part of hypermiling, my goal was to be at the top of the hill at the right speed to drop into the 53 mph SHM mode when I restarted the engine at the base. I figured out that was 46 mph. Now, the 2010, at 47 mph, is down to 45 mph at the base of this same hill.

Maybe its alignement. But its not flush wheel covers, I have those on my 2010 now. Its not the grill flow, I have my license relocated across the grill on the 2010 too , now, and I have installed grill dams to prevent the blocked flow down in the grill cavity from going through the engine compartment. It should pool there, and spill out in the outboard direction.

I guess, untill I see some speed increase down this hill I am not going to be happy!!