View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 08:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
04_Sentra
EcoModding Lurker

EcoSentra - '04 Nissan Sentra
90 day: 35.93 mpg (US)
Greetings from AZ and 34.7mpg baseline

Greetings from AZ (Arizona, US). I have been hanging around for a couple of weeks. Have a 2004 Sentra with a 1.8L and a stick which I've had since it was new. What I like most about it is that it's been paid off for four years. Finally made it down to 3/4 tank so I filled up and established a pre-mod baseline of 34.7mpg. Though I haven't been real diligent about recording the mileage I have checked it from time to time and that seems about right. The best ever tank that I know of was 37.5mpg on an all highway trip from LA to Phoenix. My typical driving cycle is pretty crummy for FE, all city, several school zones, lights every half mile plus we're still running the AC on a daily basis. That's right it's Nov and here in AZ we still have to run the AC, so depending on what you believe that's either climate change or the Earth is falling into the Sun.

I read through the tips and found that I was already doing a lot of them. I just thought that I was driving like a sane person (go the speed limit, time the lights, neutral coast if there's no one behind me, etc.) I never dreamed that I was doing anything so radical as hypermiling.

No mods to the car yet, gonna get a SG first so I can quantify any improvement.