View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 12:39 AM   #57 (permalink)
trebuchet03
MechE

The Miata - '01 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_the_Hack View Post
While I enjoy the esoteric discussions out here as much as the rest of the community, I'm looking for practical information and advice that will help me improve the efficiency of my existing vehicles - an '04 Chevy Silverado (see my garage), and my wife's '07 Chevy HHR (another brick on wheels, IMHO).
Practical is all determined case by case. As you said, your truck is an aero "wreck" What works for my car probably won't work for your vehicle.

Having a basic understanding of the concept allows you to make a stab by candle light (rather than in the dark ). Short of telling everyone to make their car a foil shape - there is no practical information that applies across the board (this thread is proof of that ).

Well - there's one exception... Hit the books - get learned I personally do research on streamlined shapes - that aero stuff doesn't apply to the features you've described on your truck :/