View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 02:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Wonderboy
Master EcoModder

The Fruit Bat - '01 Honda Insight
Last 3: 54.26 mpg (US)

Current - '21 Subaru Impreza Wagon
90 day: 34.36 mpg (US)
Quote:
The current question is whether I just put the stock motor in it now,
or do all the trick work to it for maximum efficiency, and make it a hybrid.
Unless you don't have much of a work (something you do to make money) or barter/trade schedule, I'd expect this to take a while. If it were me, I'd fool around with everything you're planning on doing BEFORE you pop the engine in unless there is enough real estate in the engine bay (like the vast plains of engine bay space available in my CRXFi project) for you to have room to fiddle around with the starter motor and the TBI.

I obviously think it's a great idea for a project considering my own project inclinations :P

Depending on how broken in your head gasket is by now, I'd consider trying this out. I did it, but I don't have anything to compare it to. Others have reaped positive results.

I'll be watching this project very closely, especially if you start fooling around with replacing the TBI... definitely on my list.

Some questions: how are you going to deal with the axles? I think the midget might actually have a smaller track width than any metros and may have completely different hub/splines. MGs are RWD too, right? What are your plants to deal with these thhings fitting together?