View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 01:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
SVOboy
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
Why You Should Wait Until 2010 To Buy A New Car

Nice read from ecogeek:

Quote:
I get emails pretty regularly from people asking which car, from my perspective, is the greenest. If you're one of the thousands of people wandering around the Internet, convinced that there's got to be a greener option for you than your current car, then I've got some good and bad news for you.

The good news is that, no matter what kind of car you're looking for, there's a green version out there. The bad news is, it might not be 100% available just now...in fact, you're almost certainly going to have to wait.

There is simply no new technology that, in my opinion, is worth investing in. Even if you don't have a hybrid, you will save so much more gas with the next generation plug-ins and full-electrics that it really isn't worth upgrading now. So, hold onto that junker this Earth Day. Take her in, get her a tune up, and bide your time. Two years from now, it'll be easy pickens from the green car tree. Here's a taste of what's on the horizon.

---MORE