View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 09:59 AM   #14 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320touring View Post
If you need somewhere to do modding thats dry with a kettle, then i'd be happy for you to pop over to my Unit when I'm over.
he he - I chose silver 5 years ago strictly so I could fix it with tape...

The block seems to be standing up to the weather (i.e. water) just now - may replace it with a plastic version I have made from some plexiglass at the weekend as long as the Mrs doesn't make a list of jobs first. It will still have the Gaffotape (tm) sealing unless I get a chance to find some flat fixings down at B&Q.

If I get round to doing something underneath I may take you up on that dry place idea. I have jacks, stands and ramps but my driveway areas are about as flat as the trossachs and Helga is a little lardy. The garage is flat but there is a non-moving rusty MGB in the way.

I'm going to get bit for my next mod hopefully tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadeTreeMech View Post
You might play with blocking/partially blocking the intercooler to see the results. Read a thread on a diesel forum where a guy discovered better economy by blocking off the intercooler in the colder seasons.
I seem to recall Piwoslaw looking at bypassing his for faster warm ups. A faster warm up is one thing I have noticed but the engine temp has remained the same since the change - 81-83 Deg C. The intake temp can go up at standstill, but goes rapidly back down on the move. I didn't note what it did before though to make a comparison so that could be just the intercooller.