View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 12:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
brucey
A madman

Pequod - '17 Subaru Outback
90 day: 22.79 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to brucey
AC Wiring diagram? Questions for you EV guys

Working on my electric today and realized the diagram I have on hand isn't the most useful.

First Question: I get where the throttle goes and since I have a 2 wire (PB-6) throttle, I won't need the black and white wire. However, my throttle has 2 wires and 3 contacts on it. (Visible in this picture at the bottom left of the throttle.) Do these connect to anything?

Second question: The Orange/White, Blue/White, and White wires all go to the solenoid. My solenoid has 2 larger posts that look like they can handle some amps, and 2 tiny ones. I'm guessing the big posts go inline with the actual battery cables. But I still don't get how I'm supposed to wire it looking at this diagram. I've attached a picture of the solenoid at the bottom. Adding to the confusion, on my wiring harness the Orange/White and the Blue/white wires are relatively short. While the White wire is 4 times as long. So I guess they shouldn't be going to the same point.

Third Question: The fuse itself. Where should I put it? I was thinking of putting it at the 'end' of the batteries. Like say on the positive terminal. Or should I put it in between them? Does it really matter?

4th Question: The White/Red and the Blue ones. It is connected to Menu push button then just joined up at a switch to turn the system on and off? Then the red goes (with fuse) to the battery+ on the other side of the switch? That doesn't seem right, looking at my wiring harness.

Well that's all the confusing questions I have today, any help would be awesome, I'm going to keep googling until then.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wiringdiagram.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	7325   Click image for larger version

Name:	solenoid.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	7326