View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 04:20 AM   #13 (permalink)
FalconFour
EcoModding Lurker

LEAF - '11 Nissan LEAF
Ah, I see what you mean, then. Hmm. I wouldn't really know how to go about tweaking VSS pulses, though... I mean, consider this:
|______|______|______|______|______ = your VSS at some speed
|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____ = modified VSS by just removing 1 time mark (underscore)
Notice how the second (modified) line doesn't really... doesn't really line up with the first at all? That makes it really difficult to make any sort of "pass-through", as the "effect" would have to be triggered by the "cause" directly (the original VSS pulse). Without a direct cause-effect, the MPGuino would have to basically re-create the VSS signal, perhaps with a delay, or maybe by re-calculating the difference between VSS-input-rate and VSS-output-rate on each VSS pulse, however "Instant" does it... baaaaah, the math is making my head hurt. >.< Yeah, see the problem, though?

As for information on the screen, well... there's really no way to "format" information on the screen (bigger, bold, highlight, etc). All screens that aren't prohibitively difficult to program, are simple character-based devices... I can imagine a 20-character-wide screen (as opposed to the current 16) would help put some space between the cramped-together figures. That would be pretty easy, and pretty useful, I think...?