View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 11:28 PM   #299 (permalink)
Varn
Do more with less

OD - '05 Ford Econoline
90 day: 18.64 mpg (US)

Joetta - '86 Volkswagen Jetta Turbo Oil Burner
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 49.71 mpg (US)

Benzilla - '85 Mercedes Benz 300D
90 day: 28.08 mpg (US)
That is a good idea having a vacuum tank. With only 15 pounds of ambient pressure not sure how much help it would give but surely some.

I too have not been doing too much with composites. except what I can do outside. I am recovering from surgery to repair my sinuses from chronic asthma and allergies brought on by dust.

I probably should put this in an OT thread but the photos show some of the projects that I have built. Apologies to 3wheeler.

and recumbent seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by donee View Post
Hi Varn,

Oh, I am hardly a composites professional. I have only done some stressed skined plate vacuum bagging for a completely off-topic project.

One great help with Vacuum Bagging is to make a Vacuum Resoviour. Its easy, just use a pressure tank, with a valve. The quick application of Vacuum will help seal allot of small leaks.

I also made a control box for a Gast 1/2 HP vacuum pump I have. It used a vacuum pressure switch to maintain at least 10 PSI of vacuum.

But, the vacuum bagging table, and pump are all in storage. I needed the room in the kitchen for the 3 axis CNC project (which has been up and working for several years now) ;-)....

“Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe.

The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed.”

Noah Webster, 1787