View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 03:55 PM   #159 (permalink)
roflwaffle
Master EcoModder

Camryaro - '92 Toyota Camry LE V6
90 day: 31.12 mpg (US)

Red - '00 Honda Insight

Prius - '05 Toyota Prius

3 - '18 Tesla Model 3
90 day: 152.47 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRABill View Post
First off Punk you don't know me so don't act like you do...

Internet trolls who make up numbers and call them facts and turn around and tell people who are trying to improve their habits even in the slightest are what is wrong with the world today. Your comments are your opinion and no matter what anyone says you will cry and say you are correct therefore I wonn't even attept to justify my position in any past comments I have made to you.

You do not know my needs, you do not know my habits, you do not know the dangers of driving a econobox where I live. I appreciate you stop pretending you know what is best for me and taking the conversation from one where people can express their constructive opionions and soiling it with the everyone is wrong but you attitude.

Using insinuated profane language does not work with me. So Grow up and try to understand the world does not revolve around your opinion.
Don't get me wrong Bill. Not only do I not know you, I don't care about. If you need a tractor trailer to haul your #1 rated equestrian swim team to the beach every weekend, whatever, I don't care. Like I said before, the only thing I give a **** about is your BS!

For instance this, outside of the personal opinion portion, is wrong...
Quote:
Internet trolls who make up numbers and call them facts and turn around and tell people who are trying to improve their habits even in the slightest are what is wrong with the world today.
Why? Because those numbers aren't my numbers. The numbers I originally used were from "Hybrid Life-Cycle Inventory for Road Construction and Use" in the Journal of Construction Engineering and Management.

If you think those numbers are made up then post why/how you think the authors of that article in the Journal of Construction Engineering and Management made those figures up. Here's another paper from ANL. They place the embodied energy of a typical passenger sedan at ~22-25kWh depending on how much is recycled, which is way lower than the previous estimate.

Either way the basic idea still remains the same. The embodied energy of a car is a small fraction of it's total energy use, so saying that keeping an older car is better for the environment than getting a newer more fuel efficient model is total BS unless the newer vehicle is only marginally more fuel efficient.

Quote:
People tink I am hurting the enviroment by using fuel when I am acually using it to ts potential by not purchasing a new car that takes tremendous resources to manfuacture.

The Following User Says Thank You to roflwaffle For This Useful Post:
Frank Lee (11-14-2010)