View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 08:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
FX2.3
Saving Those Greenbacks

Snowy - '02 Ford Ranger XL
90 day: 23.29 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemooer View Post
true, i thought about that as well, but my fuel mileage has only varied 1~1.5 mpg from winter to summer. But i can tell the grill block difference, because it doesn't downshift as often or as early on my trip. Plus drafting... it won't downshift going up hill, it's great.

Ohh and FX2.3, do you have a E-fan? if not, get the one from Jusnes [?] modified. I have that and when i put it on last year it up'd me 2 mpg in town
Yeah, I bought one when they had the first group buy, but sold it to rong5, who sold it to someone else.. the 2.3L has both the mech and an electric fan.. I dont feel like touching the engine though, body panels are one thing, but the engine is not my thing..

Ill try a grille block but the only problem I see is Im in texas and it gets hot as fck.. so it wont be a full one, I just want to smooth out the bottom and the spoiler thing..

i got 21.75 on my last tank.. and thats with +80mph on the highway and flooring it alot so Im happy with that but with gas now $3.35 I need to stop that..

Idea:

Red = metal sheet
Blue = Plastic

It would be hard to cover all of the under belly as the driveshaft and muffler are the moving / hot spots.. and the rear axle needs flex room.. so I could smooth about 60% of the bottom, but that will need to wait till summer!

Last edited by FX2.3; 04-18-2008 at 08:49 PM..