View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 11:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
endurance
Master EcoModder

RSX2fast4mpg - '02 Acura RSX Type S
90 day: 38.22 mpg (US)

bubbatrucker - '98 Chevrolet K1500
90 day: 18.1 mpg (US)
SGII doesn't always know today was over yesterday

I've had my SGII for a couple months now and I keep having this problem on a relatively random basis. First off, sometimes it doesn't give me a trip gauge and generally when it does that, it also seems to be continuing the previous day's mileage and data set. I'm not sure if this is something I'm doing wrong in shutting down, starting up, or what, but it's frustrating to discover that at the end of the day my total mileage is two days combined.

Since you never program a clock, how does it even know what a day is? Also, any hints on what to do when it's not giving me a new trip or an option to reset a trip?

On a slightly different note, is there any way to keep the trip gauge from resetting after a 15 minute stop? My drive home is generally when I run my errands and if I stop for any significant length of time, I get home to discover that only the mileage from my last leg is recorded, not the entire trip home.

FYI, I'm using my SGII in Fuel-hybrid mode because I've started doing more EOC, but both problems have been with me since before I changed from gas to hybrid mode.