View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 03:55 PM   #77 (permalink)
Thymeclock
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thymeclock
The topic was one of a political nature from the get-go, ("Feds say all motorcycle riders should be required to wear helmets") and the moderators allowed it. Now, after much discussion (with no incivility), you want to terminate it? I wonder why?
Quote:
Because I come here for ecomodding tips, tricks, and ideas, not for political discussions embedded in an ecomodding subsection. If you want to attach a different meaning to it, be my guest.
Since you knew there would be a political aspect to the discussion, and as you have chosen to participate in it, you need to learn the tolerance of allowing views that differ from your own. Why else would you be calling to terminate the discussion? No one is forcing you to read this thread or offer a rebuttal. However, do note that I am refuting you - I'm not calling upon authorities to silence you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thymeclock
This invocation of censorship is the equivalent of imposing martial law before anything bad 'might' happen. What if it doesn't happen? Will you be disappointed?

Authoritarians and dictators love draconian measures that curtail freedom. So do Nanny Statists.
Quote:
You do understand this is a privately run forum, right? The moderators already censor the site, and have the right to do so anytime and in any way they choose. They also have the right to ban any member for any reason (or even for no reason). Don't like it, then you have the freedom to leave.
A: You are not a moderator (thank God!) and B: Who do you think you are to tell me to leave?

Quote:
Again, if you want to attach a different meaning to it, you are free to do so.
I did. Your repeated pretense of granting me permission to comment sounds more arrogant than it is gracious.