View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 07:23 PM   #232 (permalink)
majestic
EcoModding Lurker

LegacyGT - '01 Subaru Legacy GT
90 day: 33.72 mpg (US)
youre gonna need to go waay beyond minor aero mods if you ever wanna see anything close to 35mpg.

i got a 01 legacy gt sedan which is lower, has 205's, smaller more aero mirrors, and more aero bumpers front and rear

my car is also lighter (being 5 spd, and non-limited).

in addition i have complete front undertray with tire flaps, rear tire flaps, and a small tray at the rear. I only have a small section of the lower grille blocked. I had half of the upper grille blocked but didnt like the high temps i was seeing during the summer. otherwise externally the car looks stock.

ive also gone to 40psi in the tires, synthetic rear diff, some kind of cocktail in the tranny (cant remember exactly), disabled drls, and about 20 lbs weight reduction (partical board under trunk mat, chassis braces behind rear seats, middle seat belt and all components, rear floor mats and child latches w/ bolts off the rear deck.

now my 5spd does have shorter gearing than the 4eat, but still im maxed out at ~32 mpg at 70 on a nice summer day. (scanguage)

overall i average 31.5 in the summer, and 27.0 in the winter. (50/50 city/hwy, no hypermiling). when i used to hypermile i could push 34 (avg) in the summer. that was with every trick in the book and going no more than 64 on the hwy.

not meant to discourage, just giving you an idea of what to expect.

to be honost when i first got the car i thought itd be a miracle if i could ever avg 30. so you never know. dont give up.