View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 09:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
z3pilot99
EcoModding Lurker

Ford Focus - '12 Ford Focus 5 Dr - SE
90 day: 37.36 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Header & no cat... is there an O2 sensor in there somewhere?

Also: how far off is your odometer with the non-stock tire size? Oversize tires will cause the speedo/odometer to under report, so your "MPG" calcs will be lower than actual.
Yea, o2 sensor is there. Put a new on on. I kept getting o2 sensor errors with the Si ECU. That was before I knew the ECU was wrong. I didn't have the up shift light that the HF is supposed to have. Plus no check engine light when starting. Traced down the o2 issue to the car running rich and no up shift light because of the Si ECU. And, the lack of the CEL light due to a burnt bulb. The car would load up when coasting in gear...it was loading up because of too much fuel. HF ECU fixed all of that. The tire calculators say they are off 2.9% larger/greater circumference. I refigured my last tank and that would give me about 47 mpg. So, I feel better. I was actually trying to figure out if I would be lower or higher when I got your post. I was thinking it would calculate more miles than read. Good to have confirmation on that. I still have an inconsistency issue though. But info from you has helped. Thing about old civics and CRXs. So many parts can be interchanged. To buy a used one you could get quite a mixed bag as I have learned. Add Acura Integras in to the mix and it could be a real challenge to get something running correctly.