View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 05:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
KITT222
Ecomodder en route

Vib - '04 Pontiac Vibe base
Geez Tango, my rear tires are bald compared to yours. They were like that when we bought it (last Sunday). Really need to press my dad for a new set. Metro, I think I'll progress with something like that, thanks! The pictures I have are WAY big. My camera takes HUGE pictures. On my 1024x850 (I think...) screen they are enormous, so I'll grab some with my humble phone and use those. I think I'll move to a build thread type of thing. Soon I am going off on my first real run with it to see what kind of MPG I can get. I'm not expecting anything too huge, since it's currently about 20 here, but I hope for something good.

As for blind testing, well, maybe. I am the only test subject who WANTS to see an increase, but I wouldn't taint my own data. My step-mom has a Corolla, and got it because it was cheap, and she rarely drives anywhere, so it wouldn't apply to her much. My sister, maybe, but she has a Celica with a sport bodykit. Cousin, Camaro V6 (looking for better car, IE Civic), and dad, big, loud full-size Chevy truck. I really saw this car as practical, stylish, and efficient, so I went for it. I'm really the only one who went for FE in buying their car, so I don't think they would taint the data either. Plus the car will probably be more 'slippery' with the mods, so they could figure it out.

And just as a general question: my dad rented a Mazda 3 auto from Iowa and drove 250 miles to home, and used 10 gallons of gas, so that means 25MPG. Is that right for the cold, or was there something up?