View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 09:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Nden
EcoModding Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to Nden Send a message via Yahoo to Nden
going back to VX roots from D15B soch vtec

hi new here. I've been rollin in my 92 Vx for abou 4.5yrs. I swapped out the D15Z1 about 90k ago for a jdm D15B sohc vtec (130hp). Decided to go back to the oem Z1 with gas prices almost $4 in San Diego,Ca. Plus my illegal motor will require a big bribe to a smog place. I did have a smog hook up who passed me somehow for just $100 in mid-06 but he is no longer there . Since I commute about 55-60miles round trip to work -now 2nd shift- thought its time to save that gas $$ for something more worthwhile. I miss the old Z1, when i took off the valve cover before the swap, it was suprisingly cleaner than my D15B vtec . I also noticed the built in oil-cooler on the VX which was NOT on the D15B vtec . I liked the lighter crankpulley on teh VX which i kept since I didnt have powersteering to use the D15Bs.

Current mods which will stay after re-verting to the VX longblock: rear ITR swaybar, wicked RLCA's, generic Mugen front strut bar,generic rear strut bar, jdm cluster tach/gas/temp white gauges outside the black VX speedo = PANDA-Cluster™ . heh its actually the gas/temp from an auto cuz when i was first installing it during hot summer i accidentally broke the gas needle . So to keep with my Panda-Cluster™ theme & save a lil $, the cluster for an auto EG was cheaper- and i sold the other gauges left over. Found its not hard to roll back the odometer either when i kept my USDM speed gauge . Dynamatted around front & inside of rear speakers area-used Si brackets or speaker grills. Short shifter, Tein 1,1" drop springs. oem Billstein shocks. An Airmass ceramic header which i got off ebay for only $130 shipped ! front upper adjustable a-arm camber kit. Crappy earl scheib paint nice color but ****ty sanding it bubbled on my front bumper but they will be hearing from my law-firm and fixing that -only 2 months after it was painted. Time to sell the 2 17" SSR star shaped rims in the back =( they great traction & were a payoff but screams "ricer" which i'd rather mine look sleeper .

to be installed after motor swap: Front upper-A arms camber kit & new prothane bushings all around. Also ordering Innovative billet motor mounts .DX trans is great , decent accel with highway cruising rpms lower than Ex trans. stock intake,might get HKS sponge drop in,but no cold air-cuz that sucks gas. I also have a used Apexi V-Afc meter i'd like to use and lean my fuel a lil more with that cigar shaped meter they make for 02,volt,ect.
Glad i found this side!

http://www.deantaber.com