View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 06:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
turin
EcoModding Lurker

Roshko - '98 Rover 200 RF 16V
90 day: 27.6 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
Hello, Turin, and welcome to EcoModder
Thanks!

Quote:
I'm sure you could easily get away with small mods. What car do you have?
That's what I intend to do, smaller mods. I drive a Rover 200RF "bubble shape" 1.4l. A small kammback, wheel covers and grill-block is what I'm thinking of. I was planning an EV conversion, but will probably cost me a great part ot the price of conversion to make it legal (including eventual bribes) so I'm postponing it.

Quote:
On the other hand, I also wish that legalizing aeromods wasn't so bureaucratized. Of course, while I'll be trying to legalize my mods I'll still have them on. If I have problems, then I just take them off.
That's right, there should be rules, but at least in my country the bureaucracy takes over and one just gives up. I guess in Poland it may be OK to just drive with the removable aeromods and I hope you'll find how to register them and make them legal and stay untroubled on the road. In Bulgaria we still have problems with police corruption and bribes on the road (I haven't been giving any and I don't intend to, but the problem exists). So it's really sad to have the enthusiasm and knowledge to make the car run better, use less fuel and even be safer to drive and then one day to face the question "So-o-o what are we gonna do 'bout it?" (the "secret" keyword for "I want some money in cash or you'll have problems")...

But enough about me -- keep us posted if (when) you have success with legalizing your mods