View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 04:00 PM   #104 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec-e View Post
You're welcome. I had to make a cutout in mine for the intercooler duct but it holds in a lot of heat all the same. Gets a bit tatty after a year of use though.
Nothing a bit of McGyver tape won't sort out!
You wouldn't happen to have pictures posted somewhere, would you?

For now, I'll try to find the cardboard+alufoil I made in the summer (to block heat from the solar roof), put it on top of the engine, foil-side down, and see how that works. I hope the monster that lives in the depths of our garage and feeds on random trash hasn't started munching on it yet...

EDIT (06.12.2010):

Not the best fit, but almost perfect. Good enough for government work, anyway. I haven't had too many occasions to test it out, only once, actually. It didn't take more than 1.5h to cool down to 25°C, but it was only -15°C outside. Damned aluminum block!
And even if I do upgrade to a better material, I'm not going to be able to install it (without amputating fingers later) until it warms up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	enginecover.jpg
Views:	4112
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	7482  

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread

Last edited by Piwoslaw; 12-06-2010 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: Added picture