View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 12:43 AM   #18 (permalink)
autoteach
Master EcoModder

Bus - '94 Ford School Bus huge

Stupid - '01 Chevy Blazer LS
90 day: 21.38 mpg (US)

hawk - '00 Honda Superhawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
Weight- another 5 gallons, another 30 lbs; another 10 g, another 60 lbs- hardly enough to "wreck" fe.
And finally, if you do it like I would (Master Scrounger/Repurposer) the money wouldn't be an object, or an obstacle.
On these two points, Frank, I would like to point on some really important things. First, you have a weightless tank and pumping system, or hoses, or however you will do it. Even the bungee cord you would use might just have some mass. And, I figured that there wouldnt necessarily be money involved in the parts, as you would most likely use something you already had laying around (fishing boat tank), but... HOW MUCH TIME? Of course, not much. These type of "use stupidity to justify insanity" scenarios of "Not dying for 68 million years, by odds) reminds me of twins I had as students. I told them that if they would like to get their lawn mower going that they would have to bring in some gasoline of their own. The next day they came to class with a pint canning jar filled with glass. I guess they lived, and they didnt get suspended, and no one got hurt. 0 out of 1, so in all the lifetimes of every human... Still a bad idea.