View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 11:55 PM   #47 (permalink)
Oval_Overload
24.27 lbs per gallon Co2

Unicorn - '12 Nissan Versa 1.8S hatch
90 day: 31.9 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennelson View Post
Jimbo - what EV are you driving?
(I had fun driving that Weego Whip!)

Is is just a 120V AC connection on that car?

On my Electro-Metro, I use a 12 GA, 25 foot extension cord between a 20-amp/120V wall outlet, and a Marinco 15 amp/120v charging port on the car.

It works great. However, I am NOT pushing 40 amps at 240V through there the way some of the new cars with the huge battery packs are going to want to.
Hey Ben,
I'm currently (haha, get it?) driving a 2008 Miles ZX40S-AD. For those of you that would like me to decode that last bit of gibberish, its a Diahatsu Move five door hatchback with a 72 volt, 10 KwH AGM pack sending its wily joules to a Curtis 550 amp inverter and a 26 kilowatt 3-phase motor.

My boyfriend affectionately calls it "Toaster Car" for its fuel source and striking semblance to the classic wedding gift. Toaster buzzes and hums along at 35 mph for about 40 miles. On board is a 1 Kw DeltaQ charger connected to the grid via a "commando" IEC plug and socket on the car side, a NEMA 5-15 household plug and socket on the shore side, a 20 amp breaker in my garage, and my neighbor's electric meter. I should probably fix that last bit.

Toaster is a handy little car. I charge at work. I charge at home. I charge at the grocery store. I charge from roadside outlets in Uptown. I charge at the mall. According to Miles, I set a world record when I took my friend to her Senior Prom and covered 85 miles in a day in a Miles. Apparently women love older gay men who drive kitchen appliances. Who knew?

Somewhere I have a photo of all my stuff Tetris packed in Toaster when I moved this past summer.

~Jimbo

Quote:
Hehehe... If one of your facial lacerations leaves a small scar, you'll have a SCarlett.