View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 10:35 AM   #15 (permalink)
endurance
Master EcoModder

RSX2fast4mpg - '02 Acura RSX Type S
90 day: 38.22 mpg (US)

bubbatrucker - '98 Chevrolet K1500
90 day: 18.1 mpg (US)
Just had the best commute ever! Extremely windy morning, so much so that a section of the roof on my garage blew up (it's an HDPE mat that I easily flipped back over and put some bricks on, but it's never happened to me before). On the 470 section of my commute I was tucked in behind a peoplemover and was able to hold average mpg despite the strong headwind. Once I turned east I immediately saw just how strong the winds were, as I coasted a full half mile beyond where I usually have to restart.

Overall, I probably coasted close to half my commute with the engine off; way above and beyond the 1/3 I usually can get away with. When I got to work the SGII showed 0.39 gallons used for an mpg of 65.6, however, it showed my commute as 25.8mi, instead of the actual 26.3 because I don't have a kill switch and the SGII isn't accurately recording the mileage when I turn the motor off. With the full mileage calculated it averages to 67.4mpg! Simply amazing.

When I pulled into my parking spot at work I realized I'd been so focused on driving that I never even turned on the car stereo.

Last edited by endurance; 12-03-2010 at 10:36 AM.. Reason: clarifying