View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 05:04 PM   #4081 (permalink)
Greg Fordyce
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequin2 View Post
I've ordered one of these things too. Now thinking about just what/how to use it.
Presently using a NetBook running RTD Explorer.
I'd like to hear your ideas on what you are doing with the display and see if I can help out with the overall project.
My idea is to duplicate RTD Explorer on this platform. Originally I was looking at an Arduino for this and started the CougArd Explorer thread about a year ago. I like the name, so even though there isn't an Arduino in sight I am going to keep it. I also want to interface my bms to it as well, reading and sending serial data over the second serial port on the display. Another idea is to use the battery amp limit command to start reducing battery amps as the pack gets low. This could be made to work on one of the displays GPIO pins, so any bms or other warning system can signal on this pin a low battery warning and the display will start to progressivelly limit battery amps which will slowly reduce vehicle speed. I will post further work on this in the CougArd Explorer thread. Hopefully have some rough code by the end of the weekend, but sadly have to wait till my display arrives before I try it out.

I'm always open for any help on this project.

Greg