View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 09:16 PM   #26 (permalink)
endurance
Master EcoModder

RSX2fast4mpg - '02 Acura RSX Type S
90 day: 38.22 mpg (US)

bubbatrucker - '98 Chevrolet K1500
90 day: 18.1 mpg (US)
I just saw my first new Insight today. I'd only seen pictures up to now and that didn't give a sense of scale for it. Frankly, I was shocked. The thing is huge. A lot better looking than I'd expected, too. Given the mpg and the sub-$19k sticker, I think it'll do well. It seems more cross-over sized than compact, so it might draw a much larger audience than the original Insight.

I was listening to the Go Hypermiling podcast from a few months ago and their test of the new CR-Z resulted in 60-65mpg! Granted, they're pretty extreme drivers, but they said even an average Joe who just drives the speed limit should have no problem getting it into the 50s. If that turns out to be true, given the styling, price, and cost, Honda just might end up having a winner on their hands, despite the nay-sayers. I'd love to give one a test drive just to see how much power they really have. I know I'm spoiled with 200hp, but if I found the power of the HCH adequate, I'm sure I'll enjoy the CR-Z. ...I just don't want to buy one new.