Thread: Eaarth
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 11:43 PM   #150 (permalink)
Thymeclock
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard View Post

You and I don't get to make scientific conclusions. And just because there is some minority of scientists who disagree, doesn't mean that the majority are wrong.
Nor does it make them RIGHT. But you refuse to accept that all-important point.

Quote:
A huge majority of the scientists who are working on this agree with the conclusion that humans have caused rapid global climate change by burning lots of carbon fuels. Like a 97% majority.
Have you ever heard the line that "Fifty million Frenchmen can't be wrong"?

Why can't they be wrong? Just because a large number of people (including scientists) agree, does that make them automatically right??? THAT is the antithesis of how science works.

To you, and to those who accepted 'the Emperor's New Clothes', they couldn't admit that they might be wrong either.

If I were a government subsidized scientist and didn't want to lose my job, I'd probably have to agree that the Emperor was right about his 'New Clothes'.

Quote:
PS I notice that you didn't address any of the five specific examples, that I listed from the top of my head, of the reality of global climate change. Why is that, I wonder?
Because, to repeat a well known, famous old quote: "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn."