Thread: Eaarth
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 06:54 PM   #183 (permalink)
NeilBlanchard
Master EcoModder

Mica Blue - '05 Scion xA RS 2.0
Team Toyota
90 day: 42.48 mpg (US)

Forest - '15 Nissan Leaf S
Team Nissan
90 day: 156.46 mpg (US)

Number 7 - '15 VW e-Golf SEL
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 155.81 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,950 Times in 1,844 Posts
Hi,

Remember, that human caused global climate change was proposed and tested in 1896. I hope you can watch the videos -- they are in command of a staggering amount of information. One of the men testifying works for the Cato Institute and he is a doubter, and he is conveniently forgetting to include important factors, and therefore is not credible. He is one of the people that the scientists were so mad at in those emails -- so I hope you get to watch the videos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arragonis View Post
The paper I linked to is brand new.
But, you and I are not scientists and we are not qualified to make judgments one way or the other. If the new paper you linked to has merit, then the scientific community will work with it, test it, etc. This is exactly how the process has worked up until now. They are hardly a school of fish -- quite the opposite.

In the congressional testimony which is very recent, they speak about the many, many considerations (all of them that have been proposed?) that they have studied and modeled and tested; and they have concluded that humans are causing the current warming. There is no other explanation.

Here's Secretary Chu speaking about this and related subjects:

http://neilblanchard.blogspot.com/

Last edited by NeilBlanchard; 12-09-2010 at 07:04 PM..